Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago


I decided to make the most of the final week of winter break by taking a trip to Chicago for New Years. I hadn't realized how much I've missed the city during the first semester of b-school. I went by many of my favorite places and caught up with several of my favorite people. I made a trip to the Field Museum and went to an exhibit on the Ancient Americas (if I remember correctly the statue to the left is Incan) as well as a special exhibit on the Aztecs. They were both fascinating and left me amazed that they at the detail of their art and sophistication of their cultures. I also have a strange desire to have a totem pole but that is neither here nor there. I stayed at the Fairmont while in the city and I have to say, it was very comfortable even if they forgot my toast at breakfast and I couldn't figure out how to turn on the shower. All in all a lovely mid week trip that made me realize just how much happier I am when I live in a city as opposed to rural middle America. Don't get me wrong, I love Ann Arbor. I just love cities more.

No comments: