Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh How Far I've Come

This week I've been thinking a lot about the past year and everything that has happened. I know that this is something that most people do around New Year's but, you see, something happened a year ago today that I think may have changed my life forever. A year ago I interviewed for the Michigan MBA program. In the year since that day I have waited patiently for Michigan to make up its mind about me, accepted a place at Boston College, left my job in the middle of a recession, went skydiving, got accepted at Michigan, changed all of my plans, started the whole MBA thing, had my apartment building burn down, moved again, and on and on and on. That brings us to today. Today was an uncanny repeat of this day a year ago. I had an interview with Apple and I think it went well but I can never really tell and then tonight I went bowling. Bowling is not spectacular in and of itself but as I was getting out of the car I realized that exactly one year ago I went bowling in the same bowling alley. It was like reliving the same day one year later and now as I get ready to turn in for the night I am amazed at how much has happened, how far I've come and how some things are strangely the same. The question is, will today prove to have been as life altering as that day one year ago?

No comments: