Friday, June 19, 2009

Bristol, RI

My focus for this business planning project that I have embarked on this summer is a grand old house in Bristol, RI named Linden Place. The house is beautiful. I mean, check out these stairs! It was built in 1810 for the DeWolf family, was involved in the triangle trade and was home to the great aunt of Drew Barrymore. Now it is a historic house museum, summer camp and event space. As part of the project I spent the day in Bristol going to all the museums and public spaces in the town to scope out the competition.

One of the places I went was Blithewold. This mansion is ok as far as mansions go … a little dark if you must know. But the grounds, oh the grounds! They are AMAZING. There are intricate gardens, old stone walls and a great lawn sloping down to the bay. The house is known for its gardens and as a wedding venue and while I was there I could imagine what it would be like to be married there. It would be beautiful. It would also be way fun to stage a massive croquet game on the lawn.


Honestly, I can't believe that this is my job.

No comments: