Monday, December 29, 2008

Cleveland Rocks!

In my old age I am finding it harder to drive for long distances. I used to be able to make it all the way from West Lafayette to Boston in one go but now I find it difficult to make the shorter trip from Ann Arbor without stopping. On my way back this weekend I had to stop for the night in Cleveland. I have driven through Cleveland many times but I've never stopped so it was fun to see what the city had to offer. I took a little extra time getting going in the morning so that I could go over to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Some of the highlights were the incredible beadazzling on one of Elvis' jump suits, Jim Morrison's cub scout uniform and John Lennon's yellow jacket from the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Unfortunately they don't let you take pictures inside. I also went past the Brown's stadium and saw some interesting public art installations. The "free" stamp was my favorite though I don't really get it. There's probably a social commentary I missing. Apparently it is "controversial".

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey! I just found your blog. Looks like you had a great break and saw a lot of cool places.