Monday, December 29, 2008

Palmyra, NY

On my way back to A2 I stopped in Palmyra to check out the sights and grab some lunch. I haven't been there for about 7 years and was surprised at how much of the town's layout I remembered. I really shouldn't have been surprised, I have a gift for internalizing maps and for some reason they stick with me. The one possible exception being the town my parents live in. I don't usually get lost but I know where very few things are. I think that is because my family takes "back roads" to get everywhere and I haven't been able to figure out how everything links up. Anyway. Back to Palmyra. I stopped briefly at the Hill Cumorah visitors center and then went to Grandin Print Shop where the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon were printed. The sister missionaries there took me on very informative tour that was made only slightly awkward by the fact that there was only one of me and three of them. 

After the print shop I headed over to Nima's for lunch. I got a philly cheese steak which was delicious. The bread was amazing and the beef was nice and peppery. If you find yourself in Palmyra I highly recommend a visit.

No comments: