Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Concerts in the Park



Tonight my friends Kate and Whitney met me in Millennium Park to hear the Grant Park Orchestra perform Beethoven's Symphony No.7. It is tradition to bring a picnic to the concert and dine on the lawn while listening to some really excellent orchestral performances. My grand plan was to hop on a Purple Express train and get downtown in record time, grab some Chipotle on the way over and have a fabulous time. No muss, no fuss, no stress. Unfortunately in my rush to change out of my work clothes and run to the train I must have left my "I am a local - ask me anything" sign tied around my neck. Not only was I questioned about the nature of the express train, I also helped several people get off at the right stop and explained the menu and ordering procedure at Potbelly's not having been able to find anyone with a sign similar to mine when I went one El stop too far while trying to explain where to go to a very confused passenger and couldn't remember which street Chipotle is on. In the end I was pleased to have been so helpful to so many people and did make it to the concert in time for the Beethoven. It was definitely a night to remember in my beloved Chicago.



No comments: