Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Look Ma, No Hands!


Today was an amazing day. I woke up to the song of some very persistent birds in time to see the sunrise from a peaceful meadow overlooking a beautiful valley.

I brought some comfort food to help me prepare for what was next.


Yep, that's right, what was next was jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet with Chad strapped to my back. Or was I strapped to his front? Either way, we were really close. Surprisingly enough as I was kneeling at the door of the plane I was completely calm. As I was falling all I could think was that I was 100% present in the moment and I was loving every second of it. The freefall was fantastic! I had so much fun spinning around and watching the ground race up to catch me. I even managed to deploy my own chute at the correct altitude! We then glided for the final 5,500 feet, pulled some tight spirals, flew threw a cloud and touched down gracefully. Enjoy the pictures!



I honestly think that this may become my new favorite hobby. It is beautiful, peaceful and a heck of a lot of fun. I would love to spend an entire summer at a dive site and jump 5-7 times a day or maybe I'll try to do a jump in every country I travel to from now on. What a life.

No comments: